20 January 2009

We Are All Responsible

Be brave, and mighty forces will come to your aid. --Goethe

I don't know if I can even express the welling hope in my heart on this day. Tears fill my human eyes. I love the inspiring humanity of the Obama family. He's a god-sent man, I think, just like MLK, Jr., Lincoln, FDR, JFK, and Bobby Kennedy. And my heart soars, beats out of my chest with love. The plate is full, Bush's legacy dire, but look, people in frigid temperatures in DC feel nothing but warmth in their hearts. These are not ordinary times. This is not an ordinary day. I look at the throngs of humanity beaming with joy, ready to become a part of their country again, and I am speechless. Speechless. But full of, overwhelmed by JOY, soberly certain of my responsibility, my part. As a whole, we can do it. Yes. We. Can.

No comments: