04 August 2008

{You Are Beautiful}

{This print is by Christine Mason Miller at Sparkletopia}

Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.-Buddha

A friend told me she celebrates her birthday as the new year, the clean slate, the wide open world, clean, free of mistakes, of regret, of things done badly or not at all. So, too, will I. I am so contended these days. Free. Free of weighted chains. Freed with illuminating light, and blesses with the sacredness of one moment, one moment following the next, in darkness, and in light. Today, I can't believe it, the little child I once was is 34 years old. I've been told it's time to grow up. In all the best ways, I plan to do that. But, I will not wear a tie or a serious expression in the middle of July. I plan to stay young in all the best ways, too. I have 2 birthday celebrations planned, and already received a birthday massage from a dear friend. It's so unusual, and so delightfully strange, to finally, once again, just be happy to be alive.

No comments: