29 July 2008

{Iced Coffee}

{This picture's from LauraTitian, who adds the whole new world of iced coffee cubes for iced coffee to the mix. Oh, love.} I love it. I've always loved it. I've always been thirsty for it. I used to take huge mason jars of it to class. I've tasted the cold-brew. I love the cold-brew. I'm making the cold-brew tonight.

This Recipe's from NYT

:: Recipe: Cold-Brewed ICED COFFEE

:: Time: 5 minutes, plus 12 hours' resting

:: 1/3 cup ground coffee (medium-coarse grind is best) Milk (optional).

:: 1. In a jar, stir together coffee and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight or 12 hours.

:: 2. Strain twice through a coffee filter, a fine-mesh sieve or a sieve lined with cheesecloth. In a tall glass filled with ice, mix equal parts coffee concentrate and water, or to taste. If desired, add milk. Yum.

No comments: